Re: Comparing X performance on Debian and Solaris

On Fri, Jul 26, 2002 at 08:35:11PM -0700, Sageev George wrote:
> I've been noticing that my Solaris installation
> on my Ultra 30 (with Creator 3D) seems more
> "accelerated" than the Debian installation
> when comparing a couple things in X.

Replace "Debian" with "Linux" in your email. This isn't specific to
Debian, really.

Can I ask if you were using the same desktop on both tests? Were you
running similar background processes? Was there less memory available
under Linux during this than there was under Solaris? Lot's of things
can be attributed to the performance problems you saw.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/