update OpenBoot

I got a new harddrive for my cp1500 card but now I have the problem that
openboot can't boot from that disk unless I also have the old disk
inserted but then everything works fine. The reason for the new disk was
that the old one sound like a jet engine and most probably do not have
that long left so having both in is not an option.

I'm hoping that a firmware update is going to fix this but is it
possible to update the firmware from linux? or is this done from
openboot directly?

The reason I don't know is that sun had messed up all the links and I
could not download anything from the firmware section.