problems with X on SS20

hi!

i've installed woody on my dualhead SS20 (cg14 and cg6), and things are
working quite well so far.

the only thing that worries me is the mouse: most of the times when i do
something with the mouse, i get a lof of bogus activity.

eg, i select text in an xterm, and move to another window on the screen
to paste the text. suddenly the mouse freaks, moves the pointer all over
the screen and all the while pasting the previously selected text, or
it makes another selection while freaking and drops that one all over
the place.

it's actually quite difficult to describe what happens, and while it
happens frequently, i've not seen a single action that always triggers
the behaviour. has anyone seen similar stuff?

HW is a dualcpu SS20, running 2.2.20-sun4dm-smp and xserver-xfree86
4.1.0-16. keyboard is a type 6 (though i've configured it as a type5
for lack of better options), with a normal sunmouse attached.

--
Thomas 'Mike' Michlmayr  | ignorami: n: The BOFH art of folding problem
<mike+sig@cluon.priv.at> |           lusers into representational shapes.