Re: question about uname on sparc

> It's something I inherited, and I have no idea why it's there. Is there
> any need for it currently on the sparc port? If not, I'd like to get rid
> of it in sid.

On ultrasparc, uname returns "sparc64". Even though we use a 32bit
userland, some configure scripts mistakenly assumed this meant "64bit
userland". So I implemented this to fool those scripts on the buildd. It
is ancient (I thought it was already removed), and is superceded by the
sparc32/sparc64 personality changing programs that do it the right way
(down to the kernel level).

Kill it.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/