Kernel compile and gcc 3.0

Is there any (known) issues with compiling a kernel with
the GCC 3.0?

I tried recompiling the 2.2.20 kernel with 3.0, but it bombed
after a while. Now trying with gcc 2.95.4, which seems to go
much better.

Is this why the 2.4 kernels don't work? From what I've seen on
this list, someone got 2.4.18-pre8-ac5 to work, but I couldn't...
--
attack munitions security colonel Iran Noriega toluene ammunition
[Hello to all my fans in domestic surveillance] DES congress nitrate