tcpdump host <hostname> bus error?

Hi!

Quick question: is anyone seeing bus errors when tcpdump is run like
"tcpdump host <hostname/IP address>" on a Ultra 5?

I am running Debian unstable and kernel 2.4.19pre8 (same thing happens
with kernel 2.4.18) and get bus errors all the time. tcpdump without
arguments works fine.

I searched the BTS and didn't find any references, and before I engage
in a gdb debugging sessions I wanted to make sure it is not a local
problem...

I am also having bus errors with snort. Perhaps a problem with libcap???

Thanks for any pointers.

Cheers!

Eloy.-