Re: 2 rather strange issues on my sparc running 'testing'

Ben-

I am currently running "stable".  It says in the banner GNU/Linux 2.2.
My uname info is as follows:

Linux pluto 2.2.19 #1 Mon Apr 2 13:29:46 EDT 2001 sparc unknown

I reinstalled the box this morning, because apt began seg-faulting
whenever it was run.  I am still having the same problems, both with vi
and with dpkg.

I am going to try and get a newer version of dpkg over the network, and
see if I install it manually it will change anything.  But as it stands,
I am still having problems.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--
Chris Mutchler
debian@leibnizcreations.com

Linux defcon4 2.4.18 #10 Fri Mar 15 11:40:12 GMT 2002 i686 unknown