testing on Ultra 5

Dear mailing list:

I have a Sun Ultra 5 and recently tried a complete upgrade to testing (using apt-get dist-upgrade). Aside from the normal problems (which I took in stride, given that this is testing, after all) I discovered that X did not work. It said it could not detect the ATI video card, then giving very specific PCI information.

I'm guessing the server gets the PCI info from the kernel, but then can't do anything with it. I have an ATI Mach64 PCI card, with which I know X 4.1.0 works (using the Debian patch provided by DaveM, I recompiled the sucka and it worked). I have since reinstalled stable, but I just wanted to give you folks a heads-up.

Sincerely,
Sean Callanan