Re: base-config workaround for sparc?

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 04:01:41PM -0400, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> On Tue, 7 May 2002, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > This is a -user question really, but I'll cover it real quick.
>
> I kindof figured that, but since previous stuff I'd seen didn't cover
> this situation (they suggested switching to another virtual terminal
> but this is headless).
>
> > Base-config in woody is broken. It's fixed in sid. You'll have to either
> > wait for it to move to woody (soon), or workaround by switching to
> > another terminal, moving /etc/inittab.real to /etc/inittab, and
> > rebooting.
>
> Bummer.  I'll keep watching the Packages file for when the move happens.

You could also boot with "linux init=/bin/sh", and run these commands
when the prompt appears:

# mount / -o remount,rw
# mv /etc/inittab.real /etc/inittab
# mount / -o remount,ro

Then powercycle the machine. Afterwards, you'll have to edit the
/etc/apr/sources.list file manually then run apt-get, tasksel or dselect.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/