Re: NFS /var/mail

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 11:45:53PM +0000, jireson@weeble.oooarrr.cx wrote:
> For elimination purposes i've got no_root_squash enabled... as root I can
> touch a file and it gets created. As a user I can read/write to the users
> own mailbox file using a text editor.. however using mutt (or any other mail
> client for that matter) the mailbox seems to be mounted read-only.

if  you look  at mutt's  manual you'll  see that  you need  a particular
option for having it working with nfs. Here's a piece of my /etc/fstab:

sparc:/var/mail /var/mail nfs defaults,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,soft,nolock 0 0

You need  to set nolock, otherwise  mutt will open the  mailbox only for
reading. It's a problem of nfs and its way of locking files.

Bye

PS: by the way... Here's my /etc/exports:
/var/mail       192.168.0.3/255.255.255.0(rw,no_root_squash)

--
Non c'e' piu' forza nella normalita', c'e' solo monotonia.