Re: boot-floppies 3.0.21 for testing

"Thomas J. Zeeman" <tjzeeman@cs.vu.nl> writes:

> Just curious, but is this site always that slow? Never more than ~6-10
> kb/s and ofttimes a complete failure of a download; lucky I'v got cable.

I dunno, I'm not a Debian systems admin.

> I tried to do a floppy-install but for reasons I couldn't figure out, due
> to a lack of working and accepted floppies, it failed on me.
> The tftpboot.img worked. No other options tried.

That's bad.  Does it work in the 3.0.20 version in the archive?

In any case, you should follow this up with a bug in the boot-floppies
packages with any details, onscreen messages, etc.

> I recall BenC telling he'd used a 2.4.17 kernel with the VGER-cvs patches
> to get it up to a working 2.4.18 for the bf 3.0.20 try. Might a
> misbehaving patch have caused it?

Well, BenC will be building the official 3.0.21 version.  I'm sure
he'll work out the kernel issues first.

> > * The biggest problem I ran info however was after the system was
> >   installed... running base-config, I couldn't see which item I was
> >   selecting from the lists or the yes/no questions (no cursor).
>
> No problems here. Used dselect for package-selection, not tasksel.
>
> Although I've got a working system I did miss a thing: the choice of using
> other filesystems than ext2 directly from the installer.
> Any chance of adding support for ext3, reiser or one of the other jfs'?

Um, if it's not there now, we won't be adding it.  It's too late for
new features.