Re: correct video driver for Ultra1

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 03:07:07PM -0800, Joshua Uziel wrote:
> * Jon Leonard <jleonard@slimy.com> [020313 13:55]:
> > The ZX (leo) is/was the only supported 24 bit color setup for Ultrasparcs
> > without a UPA port.  The SX board would probably work, but it would be even
> > slower, and neither is as fast as a Creator card.
>
> Except you need an SS10SX or an SS20 for the SX... the add-on board
> would only go in those machine as well (for a second SX device)... it's
> not sbus.

Oops.  I meant the GS, not the SX.  An old doublewide SBUS card, 24 bit, done
in cooperation between Sun & Matrox.  But you'd still be better off getting
an old cheap PC and using that as an X terminal.  If only the cards had any
semblance of a sensible naming scheme.

> > The significant differences between the E and non-E variants are the UPA slot
> > for graphics & the fast ethernet (etc.) chip.
>
> Don't forget the wide scsi. ;)

That's the same chip as the fast ethernet.

Jon Leonard