Some (HW) question about a SS20...

I've purchased a SS20 from my organization, and i've some question
about it.

+ they have no floppy nor cdrom, so i've installed potato by nfs.
 During installation i've noticed many unpacking errors from dpkg, so
i've repeated the step 8/10 time to have the sistem installed.
Also sparc OOPSed, and i've to do a Stop-A.
Installed some package i've recompiled the kernel with no fear... the
sparc seems very stable as i expected.
The nfs server was a PC running 2.4.X kernels (potato+bunk package).

+ the mouse came with no mousepad; i've print the postscript passed
 here some month ago, and also i've used a SS10 mousepad but mouse
still scroll only in vertical; someone say me that ss10 and ss20
mousepad are different and not compatible... true?!

+ the monitor (GDM-17E10) seems to be PC-compatible *if* i make some
 minor HW modification (see:
	http://www.astrogator.se/~flag/sunmonitor.html
) or if i purchase an adaptor.
Someone have done this modification? Someone known where i can buy in
Italy an adaptor or a DB13W3 female connector?

Thanks.

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''                http://www.sv.lnf.it/

    Aiuta l'UE a comprendere meglio il software libero, compila il
           questionario su   http://floss1.infonomics.nl/