Re: [SparcStation 10 Floppy Drive]

On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, Horst von Brand wrote:

> "Anish Patel" <s2akpate@mail1.vcu.edu> said:
> > Yes it does report an fd0, but when ever I try to mount it I get
> > mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/fd0 as a block device
> >        (maybe 'insmod driver'?)
> >
> > and when I do dmesg | grep fd
> > I have this
> > Floppy drive(s): fd0 is 1.44M
>
> Mine here (Sun Ultra 1, also SBUS machine) doesn't work at all with 2.4.x
> kernels, same symptoms. It works fine with 2.2.x, for instance stock 2.2.20
Ultras are known to have problems with floppy drives.

SS10s usually work fine. On mine it's is quite happy with Solaris, Linux
2.2.x, 2.4.x, NetBSD, OpenBSD.

The first question to me would be whether the floppy works in the first
place.

What happens with a boot floppy (with a bootable image) from the openprom?

Saluti,
Antonio Prioglio [antonio.prioglio@britishlibrary.net]