re:optical mouse

I actually do have the special mouse pad that the mouse requires. My
problem is that the mouse does not even emit a laser beam when you boot
the system. I don't even know if it's supposed to do that, but I know
of no way to make it work.

My keyboard has a little door on the underside of it. Is there a jumper
underneath there or anything I'm suppoed to set? I also have another
keyboard for it, if it turns out I'm using the wrong keyboard. The guy
I bought the machine from said you had to buy the mouse and keyboard as
a matched set, so I'm assuming that my one of the keyboards is supposed
to work with the mouse.

FYI. The previous owner stated that he could not even get the mouse to
run under Solaris, so it may be that the mouse is non-functional...

Thanks for all the help!

--Alex Cavnar