Where are my serial ports?

Greetings,

I recently acquired an Ultra 5, on which I'm running Testing. Works great for everything I've asked of it so far. Thanks to everyone putting this distribution together.

I'm now attempting to utilize the 9 pin serial port, but as far as I can tell, the OS doesn't seem to see it, and I'm not sure how to tell if the machine sees them. I've tried cat'ing all the ttySx devices, but all claim something to the effect of "no such device" (don't have the exact message at the moment, Sorry). However, I've used this technique succesfully on my x86 machines, and even on an SS20 (also running Debian :), so I'm somewhat befuddled as to what's going on.

FWIW, I've compiled my own kernel from Linus' tree, but I don't recall seeing an option to configure serial devices, as I'm used to seeing in the x86 kernels.

I'm hoping some gentle soul can provide some enlightenment as to which devices the serial ports on an Ultra 5 usually reside at, anything I need to check at the boot prom level to ensure they are enabled, or any other bits of information that will help me find my serial ports.

Thanks a bunch,

- Jeff