RE: Problem installing Debian 3.0r0 on Sun Ultra 5

Jonathan and Peter,

Thank you for your replies.

When I try "/boot/sparc64" at the boot prompt, it looks good at the
beginning, but then ends a few seconds later with a kernel panic message and
wanting to scream!
When I try typing just "rescue" at the boot prompt, the installation process
begins as it should, I guess, which is great.

I guess my question now is, what is the difference between the "rescue"
method versus the standard "press enter" method of beginning the
installation?

Thanks again for your help in getting me started with Debian on Sparc.

John Rumball, CCNA

-----
Email:	john@jerumball.com