RE: SS20 2.4 SMP, irregular boot freezes and swapon segfaults

> Take a look in arch dependend kernel source files an you know what i mean!
> It will be a very difficult Task to hunt Bugs in this area... damn!
> And without cpu-docu.... pfff...

If we were to bore someone until he gave some info on Ross HyperSaprc, where
would be a good place to start?

Did Ross go belly up or did they get bought by someone?

> > > IMHO it is a Problem nearby the Ross MMU or in managing the CPU-Cache.
> > > Can someone post assembler language docu for Ross cpu's to my Adress?
> > > I'll try to hunt the Bug but there is rare docu on the Web.
> >
> > I asked for this information on sparclinux@vger.kernel.org, but nobody
> > answered... probably they did not like my mail ;)
> > I will try to help if I can, but I'm a greenhorn concerning the kernel
> > code... and sparcs.
>
> Hm.. guys with sparcs AND linux are the minority in the mainstream
> but guys with sparcs AND linux AND more then 1 ROSS cpu are the crazy part
> of a minority in the mainstream... :-) :-) :-)
> [Greetings to Propellerhead aldo :-)]

hmm... Sparc AND Linux AND more, AND 1 Ross cpu AND another Ross CPU... What
does that make me?

;oP

Nico