Re: SS20 2.4 SMP, irregular boot freezes and swapon segfaults

> > i know the problem... but nearly nothing more.
> >
> > only thing i've found out: with memory below about 80MB the system
> > runs fine (or i just could not provoke the crash).
> > can you test if your ss20 behaves the same?
>
> I have 128-MB. I'll remove half of that and see how it behaves.

thanks.

> It's not an ovious crash though. It just freezes on startup after the
> kernel gets comfortable and it goes to mounting volumes and start the
> rest.

well, that's just what i meant.
i have a ss10 with a dual 125mhz hypersparc and 160mb memory. depending on
the amount of mem i install, the system works fine or works somewhat or
works not at all. if it does not work at all, it hangs after the kernel
started init...
and i've never seen any error message - it just stops working.

> When the system manages to boot completely, I had no other problems for
> as long as a day. I know, this is a short time, but I cannot sleep with
> a SS20, dual disks, in my bedroom....

well, i had the case the system started but had random moments it was
blocked for some seconds. that was between about 90MB and 144MB memory ;)

emanuel