Bad ISOs?

I'm having a bit of trouble doing a fresh install of woody on my SS20.

On 3 ISOs, from 3 different servers (ftp.se.debian.org, ftp.tiscali.be,
gd.tuwien.ac.at), with correct MD5 sums, the install failed at the validation of
libc 6, complaining that it was corrupt (CD 1, before I even go to check the
rest). Now I can't imagine that 4 different official mirrors all borked the ISOs
the exact same way so they they'd fail in the same place, repeatably.

ISOs for other distros, burned by the same box as the Deb ISOs work fine, and
the data verifies properly, so I'm pretty sure the discs themselves are ok. I
even tried reburning the Deb ISOs on a different box, with the same result.
Different burn speed, same result. The fact I grabbed ISOs from 3 different
servers and they all failed in the exact same way leads me to believe that
there's something goofy going on elsewhere.

The reason I'm confused is that the same machine runs RH6.2 and Solaris just
fine. I even reinstalled RH to double check that I hadn't broken the box. It's a
fairly vanilla machine, 2x Hypersparc 150MHz, 384MB (64MBx6), OEM HD, unused but
functional CG14/8MB. (I'm installing over a serial console, since I got the
machine without a monitor or kbd/mouse)

I also went ahead and ordered an 'official' set of ISOs since I'm not 100%
convinced the problem isn't on my end, altho I'm not exactly new at this, having
done MacBSD since it fit on a few floppies. I'm fearful that my $20 will net me
some very pretty coasters.

Any thoughts from the debian-sparc gurus?

TIA

-dave