SCSI-Tape

Hi there,

I am trying to get an external dds-scsi-tape running on my ss20. I have been trying that for a long time an there is no way to do anything with it. I have a properly installed woody with scsi-tape support enabled. The tape is terminated correctly and the mt-tools are also installed successfully. But everytime I even try an "mt status", there is the message:

   # st0: Error 2b (sugg. bt 0x0, driver bt 0x0, host bt0x0)

It is all the same with the /dev/nst0. But when doing a scsiinfo -l the drive is shown correctly.
Any clues?

tia, Christophorus