Re: Stability of Ultra-10 (440Mhz Ultrasparc-IIi, 256M of ram, 9G disk)

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 02:39:10PM -0500, Scott Walker wrote:
> so I bit (bite?) the bullet and downloaded debian and burnt it to cd.
>
> I stuck it in the U10, and gave the ol' boot cdrom and got told where I
> can stick it with this error message..
>
> Rebooting with command: boot cdrom
> Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom@2,0:f  File and args:
> The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.
>
> Anyone encounter this?

Nope.

This could be a lot of things.  Maybe you downloaded and burned the x86
Debian CD.  Maybe the CD was a bad burn.  Maybe ... take a look at the
files and documentation on

http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current

since you didn't mention where you got the iso image from.