Re: starting Linux through tftp

There is nothing special about creating the tftp image.  Just take a
regular kernel and convert it from ELF to a.out format, using the
elftoaout tool.

The (sort of) tricky part is getting the TFTP server to serve it.
I have some related information at:
http://toolbox.rutgers.edu/~amurphy/fai/fai-howto

For help on your question see the sections labeled:
Boot Process Explained,
RARP Config, &
TFTP Config.

The Open Prom can pass along arguments to the kernel.

Austin Murphy
----
Student Systems Programmer
Rutgers University