Re: Pine (pico?)

In article <[🔎] B9EBDDB4.8CC8%sneex@bellsouth.net> sneex@bellsouth.net writes:
>Is there some significance as to there not being a "pine" package in the
>Debian distro?  I did some looking and apparently it is lacking - not just
>for Sparc but for all platforms?

Pine and pico are not available for legal reasons.  (redistribution of
modified versions not allowed)

>OK, I am not a wuss I am learning vim and emacs better, but I just was
>wondering if maybe I am not looking correctly or if there is another reason
>that pine is missing?

If you like pico, you should be happy with nano as an editor.  (Nano drove
me up a wall when it was installed as the default editor, had word-wrap
enabled, and I needed to edit /etc/apt/sources.list .)

Further discussion of alternatives should go on debian-user.

Legal discussions should go on debian-legal.  You can look up the discussion
of pine in the archives of debian-legal.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html