Re: Flashing Ultra OBP

I don't have Solaris installed. I believe I tried booting it from SILO and also tried netboot but neither worked.

Brian Macy

Dave Love wrote:
Brian Macy <bmacy@macykids.net> writes:

I just noticed the flash module. I don't see any instructions on how
to use it (just dd an image?) or on how to extract the image from the
sun supplied upgrade executable.

Is it actually necessary to do that?  I remember concluding it looked
as if you should be able to boot from the supplied stuff to do its
thing, but I think I failed to configure silo right initially and then
just booted Solaris, in defeatist mood.