Re: audio cd on ultra 5

> Hmmm.  Sometimes just talking about it makes the answer clear: There's
> a monitor_gain setting.  I'll bet that whatever you have selected for
> record.port is routed to whatever you have selected for play.port,
> with the level controlled by the monitor_gain setting.  I'm not in
> front of a box that I can try this on right now -- I'll try later.  If
> you beat me, try:

That's a lot of greek to me, but I kinda sorta maybe almost followed it...

> audioctl -w monitor_gain=128 output_muted=0 play.gain=128 \
>   play.port=0x1 record.port=0x4

I'm guessing it's close.  If I do this, I can barely (& I mean brealy)
just hear music playing in the background when I crank (& I mean crank) up
the speakers.  So we've got to be close.

I'll keep playing with it, but I'm off to Lisa this coming week, so I may
not get back with success stories too soon...

Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst