Re: audio cd on ultra 5

On Fri, Nov 01, 2002 at 09:20:58AM -0500, Sharpe, Richard wrote:

> What software did you use to rip the cd to MP3's just curious.

Grip and 'lame --r3mix'.  (lame is pleasantly easy to compile, even
for people who aren't usually comfortable with that, IMO.)  I've
thought of trying Ogg, but was waiting for the 1.x libs to show up in
Debian.  I don't know why, but I've been reluctant to try and compile
those myself.  I should look again -- they're probably there now.

Later,
  Rob.