From: Ben Collins [mailto:bcollins@debian.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 4:01 PM
To: Gehring, Andrew x66132
Cc: 'debian-sparc@lists.debian.org'
Subject: Re: SPARC64 Install (Woody)

On Wed, Sep 18, 2002 at 04:24:03PM -0400, Gehring, Andrew     x66132 wrote:
> While trying to install woody on a ultra sparc I get the error that
> sparc64.gz isn't found. Which
> it isn't because it is named just sparc64.
>
> So I can get it to boot by entering /boot/sparc64 at the boot: prompt, but
> then I get an error about no
> root. I would make/fix a bootable floppy, but my system doesn't have one,
> nor do I have a network
> system to boot/install from.
>
> What should the root= be set to when booting off of CDROM?

try this:

linux image=/boot/sparc64

If thar doesn't work, you'll need to add an initrd option, which I can't
recall the full path to the file on the CD drive. Probably something
like this:

/boot/sparc64 initrd=/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-sparc/current/images-1.44/root.bin

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://www.linux1394.org/