Re: Oracle on debian?

On Fri, 2002-08-23 at 17:07, Franz Georg Köhler wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 23, 2002 at 04:59:14PM -0400, Marco Rodriguez <marco@ubiobio.cl> wrote:
> > It is posible to run oracle under debian using module solaris and the
> > libraries of solaris or its imposible. is there anybody ho try ti do so?
> > or simply i have to forgot this idea?
> > Thamks in advantage.
>
> There is Oracle for LINUX.

Yes, but not Linux/SPARC.

If it were me, I wouldn't even try running Oracle through emulation. I'd
just sell the Sun box on ebay and get an Intel based machine to run
Linux on, where Oracle will run natively. Either that or run Solaris
(*gasp*) on that Sun box.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway <tcallawa(a)redhat*com> Red Hat Sales Engineer
Sair Linux and GNU Certified Administrator (LCA)
Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
GPG: D786 8B22 D9DB 1F8B 4AB7  448E 3C5E 99AD 9305 4260

The words and opinions reflected in this message do not necessarily
reflect those of my employer, Red Hat, and belong solely to me.

"Immature poets borrow, mature poets steal." --- T. S. Eliot