Re: sparcs in general

Hi

I have potato running on a production server, easy as any pc to install,
make yourself familiar with the sun open boot prom at
http://sunsolve.sun.com and look in the etc Feature archive for the item
Hardware Diagnostics for SunTM Systems: A Toolkit for System
Administrators

Woody is snap to install, there is a problem with early versions of
potato with sun mouse configs, but either will run happily on a 5 or a
10 (have installed on both). You might like to customise your kernel, if
you are that way inclined, the kernel images supplied are fine, just
read carefully about the type. Have a look at http://ultralinux.org in
ther faq, it is a little dated but relevant.

they are happy little items all on their own :)

cheers

david