Configuring X on a SPARCstation 5 running Woody

Hello,

Newbie question about getting X running on Woody. Happily, the Woody install itself went off without a hitch; but when I run startx, I get the following error:

(II) SUNTCX: driver for TCX
(EE) No devices detected.

Fatal server error:
no screens found.

I chose TCX in the X package setup because of the information on the Sun page (http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/Graphics/GRAPH_SS5_S24.html), but I may be misunderstanding how Sun components are identified. The card itself is physically identified as an STP3010PGA (Turbo XGX).

I've tried a few modifications to /etc/X11/xdm/Xservers (namely, appending -dev /dev/tcx0 and -dev /dev/fb0 to the last line). I've also tried a few different video cards in xf86config (even standard VGA-compatible, on the offchance that it might work).

I did see that there had been a similar problem on this list with an Ultra 5 (http://lists.debian.org/debian-sparc/2002/debian-sparc-200207/msg00188.html), but the solution seemed to be an upgrade to kernel 2.2.20, which I already have (my uname -a gives Linux debian 2.2.20 #1 Fri Nov 16 15:48:02 EST 2001 sparc unknown).

Could anyone offer advice on what I might try next, or where I'm going wrong?

Thanks.

Michael