Re: Printer for SS2

In article <[🔎] 001501c23897$e3f3fb70$3bc2e540@lisa> b3thomps@acs.ryerson.ca writes:
>Does anyone have any suggestions about what printer I could attach to an
>SS2?  Obviously laser is preferable, but most important is easy
>installation under Debian-sparc.

Most printers with ethernet or serial interfaces should work.
Minolta/QMS use oddball drivers on their ethernet printers that may
cause some problems.  As always, "Win" devices are a loose, but
generally would have parrallel interfaces anyway.  The SS2 serial port
maxes out at 19200 baud.

For a cheap printer, see if you can find a Laserjet 3 with jetdirect
card or a Laserjet 4M on the used market.  The 2100TN is a more recent
replacement.

SBUS parrallel port cards do exist, but probably arn't worth the
effort.

--
Blars Blarson			blarson@blars.org
				http://www.blars.org/blars.html