Woody/SS5 upgrade problem

I tried upgrading my SS5 from the last potato release to woody last night and
things didn't go so well.  Using apt-get, I did a update and then a
dist-upgrade.  Halfway through the upgrade, dpkg died with a broken pipe.  I
also saw some warnings about unimplemented SPARC system calls associated with
inetd and ssh.  Anyways, I rebooted the system and tried over and now named
doesn't work - it complains about the SPARC system calls.  I had
everything working fine with potato.  Since named isn't resolving, how can I
finish upgrading my system, or do I need to burn a CD and start over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Neil