gnome-session doesn't work well

Hello for all,

I'm using Debian GNU/Linux 2.2.19 in a Sun UltraSparc 30 and I'm getting
problems when using gnome-session as window maneger.
If I try gnome-session in .xsession file and call startx the
gnome-session comes out, but with a problem: all applications I open
goes to the left above corner of the screen and hide the bar with X (and
other buttons, I'm sorry, I don't know how can I say this in English).
So I can't move the application window for another place in the screen
for example.
All the others window manegers work fine, like WindowMaker,
Enlightenment, IceWM-GNOME, Blackbox, and so on.
Another problem with gnome-session: the mouse buttons doesn't work on
the screen, only in the menu start button.

Could you help me?

Thank's

Antonio.