RE: Mail Server?

Having used "debian's" sendmail and exim for 3+ years I can honestly say I
prefer Sendmail, but mostly because Im a wee bit more familiar with it than
exim. Ive found them both very reliable and stable, as for security bugs how
long has it been since one was found in sendmail? over 2 years? I dont
recollect a CERT or SAN's or any other alert in that time.

We could get into a religious war over mta's just like we do over distro's,
i prefer to use sendmail because of its links to enterprise stuff and
scalability (grin) so its suits me to learn /suffer it, otherwise exim is
probably easier.

BTW has anybody tried running Samsung's Contact on Debian? (ne HP Openmail)
so far Ive been forced to put Red Hat 7.3 on my HA cluster as Ive been
unable to get it to install/work.

:(

I think Debian did a install package for netscape Navigator a while back,
whats the chances of similar for Contact? if I could code I'd do it, but my
perl gets as far as "hello world"

;/

But Id be happy to write up docs.

This might sound mad but Im finding that trying to run commercial packages
on Debian is becoming all but impossible, I have compaq servers stuff that I
run Red Hat on not because I want to but because there is no .deb's for the
array software (some of its even source....)

:(

regards,

Steven