Compiling a 2.4.18 kernel

I've tried to compile a 2.4.18 kernel from the 'kernel-source-2.4.18'
package (with make-kpkg). But when I try to boot it, it crashed
emediatly... It say 'Booting Linux', then two lines below, it tries
to free boot mem (or something like that).

I'm running Woody on a SS4 (SUN4CDM)... Why won't it boot?
--
World Trade Center SEAL Team 6 cracking CIA radar [Hello to all my
fans in domestic surveillance] Saddam Hussein arrangements Cuba