Re: Fresh install of woody on quad SS20?

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:50:44PM +0200, Christian J?nsson wrote:
> On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 04:38:59PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
> > On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:35:49PM +0200, Christian J?nsson wrote:
> > > Just as a matter of check...
> > >
> > > How do I install Debian 3.0 (woody) on a quad cpu SPARCstation 20?
> > >
> > > Can I download ISOs from somewhere?
> > >
> > > Is there still a small install ISO to download and then a network
> > > install procedure is what has to be done?
> >
> > http://auric.debian.org/~bcollins/disks-sparc/current/netinst.iso
> >
> > Contains just enough to start the boot process. Everything else is done
> > over network to either an ftp or http Debian mirror (install is pretty
> > straight forward, but docs are also in the current/docs/ directory at
> > the above URL).
>
> hmm, first of all, the install iso says "Welcome to Debian GNU/Linux 2.2!"
> but that's ok with me. but, hitting enter at the boot prompt gets me this:
>
> Uncompresssing image...
> PROMLIB: obio_ranges 5
> Level 15 Interrupt
> Type help  for more information
>
> Any idea of what is going on?
>
> This is on a quad Ross huperSPARC 125MHz SPARCstation 20 with 512 MB RAM:

To be honest, I was not able to test sparc32 booting from this CD. Sad
to hear it isn't working. On a different approach, you can read the docs
on how to use the tftp install.

--
Debian     - http://www.debian.org/
Linux 1394 - http://linux1394.sourceforge.net/