Re: SMP Sparc kernel-image-2.2.20-sun4dm-smp

On Mon, 13 May 2002, Kurt Mosiejczuk wrote:

> Oooh... wait a minute...  vmlinuz in boot points at what I think is the
> old kernel image... vmlinuz-2.2.20-sun4cdm.  So it seems the kernel
> deb's don't deal well with having a /boot that is a separate partition,
> I'd consider that a bug on sparc, since silo won't allow you to use a
> partition that goes beyond the 1 gig barrier (even though I have a PROM
> that should only be limited to 2 gig).  I'll have to try messing with the
> symlinks in /boot and see what happens.

This WAS the problem.  I had even updated the symlinks from the root
partition, but that wasn't what silo was referencing.  Guess I should
file a bug on the kernel image since it doesn't handle what has to be
a common config for debian sparc...

Thanks.

--Kurt