NFS /var/mail

Hi,

I've exported /var/mail using nfs on potato on my ipx and mounted it on my
ss5 running woody..

That itself has worked fine..... i'm using NIS, so the users and groups are
identical across machines.

For elimination purposes i've got no_root_squash enabled... as root I can
touch a file and it gets created. As a user I can read/write to the users
own mailbox file using a text editor.. however using mutt (or any other mail
client for that matter) the mailbox seems to be mounted read-only.

I've done some reading and am rpcinfo -p gives (removed tcp/udp duplicates):

server:
  portmapper
  ypserv
  ypbind
  nfs
  mountd

client:
  portmapper
  nlockmgr
  status
  ypbind

no messages seem to be in /var/logs anywhere that seem relevant... any help
would be appreciated.

James Ireson
jireson@weeble.oooarrr.cx
http://www.oooarrr.cx