Re: Installing freeS/WAN on 2.4.17

Hi Ben

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 12:30:43PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 04:58:36PM +0100, Michael Blickenstorfer wrote:
> > Hi All!
> >
> > I tried to install freeS/WAN on my UltraSparc IIi.
> >
> > Here's what I get after rebooting / restarting:
> > ipsec_setup: Starting FreeS/WAN IPsec 1.95...
> > ipsec_setup: /usr/local/lib/ipsec/tncfg: Socket ioctl failed on attach -- No such device.  Is the physical device valid?
> > ipsec_setup: SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device
> > ipsec_setup: WARNING: ipsec0 has route filtering turned on, KLIPS may not work
> > ipsec_setup:  (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/ipsec0/rp_filter = `1', should be 0)
> > ipsec_setup: WARNING: eth0 has route filtering turned on, KLIPS may not work
> > ipsec_setup:  (/proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/rp_filter = `1', should be 0)
>
> FreeS/WAN is implementing some ioctl's that sparc64 doesn't know about.
> The thing on sparc64 is, you are running 32bit apps under a 64bit
> kernel. So the ioctl's have to be translated.
>
> Look in arch/sparc64/kernel/ioctl32.c in the kernel. If you're lucky,
> you can simply add the ioctls's as a compatible (meaning no translation
> is needed).

So - you say, that I have to hack the kernel? I absolutly don't think that
I am ready to do this... I'm happy to know how to compile a kernel. :-(

But thank you for your help anyway. Perhabs somebody else may use it for
an other try.

Regards, Michael

--
"The software said it requires Windows 2000 or better,
                                                 so I installed Linux"