Re: compiling glibc2.2.4 on woody (64 bit) - problem

On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 02:47:15PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:

> > this weekend I played around a bit with the 64 bit userland on my system.
> > I compiled a new gcc (3.0.3), which by default creates 64 bit code. I
> > then tried to compile glibc 2.2.4 (vanilla, out of the box from GNU), but
> > it failed.
>
> You do realize that you can simply install gcc-3.0 and libc6-dev-sparc64
> and build 64bit code, right?

Oh yes and that worked perfectly. I did compile several packages in `64 bit
mode'. But now I want to rebuild glibc myself (I'm porting ROCK Linux, which
is autobuilding, using Debian as a `base system')).

> As for your issues, I suggest a newer gcc. Not sure what that problem
> is (haven't seen it myself).

I noticed that Debian uses a few patches to glibc 2.2.4. Well, I will try
with glibc 2.2.5 soon and see if that works...

armijn

   armijn@nl.linux.org | http://people.nl.linux.org/~armijn/ | Penguin Power
                 http://nl.linux.org/ | Alles over Linux