Re: nmap 2.54BETA30 bus errors

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 12:16:52PM -0800, Bob Van Cleef wrote:

> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > You can still perform my checks. Take the nmap 2.53 from the RH box and
> > see if it runs on Debian. Then take the 2.54BETA30 you compiled on
> > Debian, and see if it runs on the RH box.
>
> Good point - Done:
>
> nmap V. 2.54BETA30, if run by root, fails with a bus error under both OS.
>
> nmap V. 2.53 runs as root on the debian system without any problems.

Then there's no chance of a toolchain or libc issue here. Simple case of
nmap changes doing bad things. You can probably pin this down fairly
easily by diff'ing the two sources, and doing partial backouts of the
changes till you get it working.

Ben

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '