Re: nmap 2.54BETA30 bus errors

On Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 02:17:21PM -0800, Bob Van Cleef wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Jan 2002, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 03:13:26PM -0800, Bob Van Cleef wrote:
> > >
> > > On a Blade 100 and a Sparc 10 running debian - bus errors.
> > > nmap 2.53 from a RedHat rpm works fine on a RedHat 6.2 sparc system...
> >
> > Does 2.53 run fine on Debian? Does 2.54BETA30 run fine on RedHat 6.2?
> > Without those answers your comparison doesn't really mean anything.
> >
> > Bus errors usually come from unaligned accesses.
>
> Sorry for the delay in responding...  These happened to be the
> only versions / configurations that I had available for testing.
> The RH62 system is a production host and the debian one is under
> evaluation.
>
> As noted in another reply, this also only happens if you are root.

You can still perform my checks. Take the nmap 2.53 from the RH box and
see if it runs on Debian. Then take the 2.54BETA30 you compiled on
Debian, and see if it runs on the RH box.

/       Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux    --    WatchGuard.com      \
`          bcollins@debian.org   --   Ben.Collins@watchguard.com           '