Re: Ftpfs for Sparc with 2.4.17

On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 09:03:47AM +0100, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> > > gcc  -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -Wall -I/usr/src/linux/include -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -DLINUX -DEXPORT_SYMTAB  -c cache.c -o cache.o
> >
> > Ftpfs is using the userspace compiler when it shouldn't. Sparc64
> > requires using sparc64-linux-gcc. Probably need to make sure that -m
> > elf64_sparc is passed to "ld" aswell.
> How to do that.  If I interpret your comment right it is a bug of the
> ftpfs package.  I'd like to provide a patch but I have no idea how to
> do that.

Then you might be better off just filing a bug on the package. I'd
pretty much have to do it myself, if I have to explain this much :)

The simple way to explain it is that kernel modules should use the
compiler specified in the arch/$ARCH/Makefile file. So somehow it has to
either load those in, or replicate them locally.

/                   Ben Collins    --    Debian GNU/Linux                  \