SparcLinux

I have installed Debian Sparc-Linux on one of our Sparc Enterprise 4500.
The installation was easy. I used one SCSI Harddisk to install Linux. But
now I have a serious problem. There are 6 other hard disks in the machine
which are connected by a fibre channel scsi controller. I should setup a
software raid with them.

When I try to load the socal module in order to activate the Fibre Channel
Interface, I always get the same error:

socal.c: SOC+ driver v1.1 9/Feb/99 Jakub Jelinek (jj@ultra.linux)
FC: Cannot enque FLOGI/REPORT_MAP packet on socal0 port B
FC: Cannot enque FLOGI/REPORT_MAP packet on socal0 port A
FC: Cannot enque FLOGI/REPORT_MAP packet on socal0 port B

and so on

The Fibre Channel Interface is an SBus FC-AL 100 MB host adapter.

I rceived a mail that it is possible to extract the driver from the Solaris
7 CD. I have to figure out where it is in the image file. After I found the
driver I extracted it out from the cd with the help of dd into socal.ucode.

Then I have to do:

cat socal.ucode | od -t "x1" | grep ` ` | sed `1i static __u32 socal_ucode
[ ] __ initdata = { ;s/^[0-9a-f]* /0x/;s/ /,0x/g;s/$/,/;$a};` > socal_asm.h

O.K thats only the command, that I should use to extract the driver. Now I
should uncomment HAVE_SOCAL_UCODE in socal.c recompile and after that it
should work. Should that mean I have to move  socal_asm.h somewhere into
the sourcecode of the Kernel and then I must recompile the whole Kernel to
get this module working.

O.K I assume that I wil succeed. What must be done now. The first scsi disk
on a Linux system is mounted under /dev/sda.
The second is mounted under /dev/sdb and so on. Where ist the mountpoint of
ths special confiugration ( /dev/???).

With personal regards

Wolfgang Jais
KOCH International AG