Re: scsi pci card on ultra10

On Mon, 2002-01-14 at 08:03, Hakan Kuecuekyilmaz wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I attached a Adaptec 2940 and a Fujitsu M2513A into my Ultra10.
> Then configured the kernel to support scsi, after a 'mount /dev/sda
> /test'
> I get 'mount: /dev/sda is not a valid block device'.

Is the disk partitioned?  If it is, try /dev/sda1 as the device.  If
it's not, you'll have to partition it with fdisk first.  As it is a sun
machine, you may need to build a sun partition table on the disk for it
to be recognised, or you will need to compile in the appropriate
partition types into your kernel.
--
Joel Michael
Systems Administrator