Re: remote serial console on Ultra 10

Marcin Sochacki <wanted@gnu.univ.gda.pl> wrote:

> I'm thinking about connecting an external modem and dialing there
> in case of failure.
>
> How do I configure the following:
> 1) remote access to OpenBoot console,
> 2) remote access to SILO prompt and Linux shell?
>
> The modem is Multitech MT2834BLK, which is said to be very good for ISP
> applications.

Hmm.  I wouldn't want to hook up a machine in such a way as to allow anyone
who dials that number to have console access..  War dialers still exist..

Hooking up another system that you could SSH to would be much safer.
Either find a random nearby box, or plop down some cash for a Cyclades
terminal server box.

--
        Mike Hicks   [mailto:mhicks@csom.umn.edu]
   Unix Support Assistant    | Carlson School of Management