Re: Ultra1 2.4.x hme timeouts

On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Rich Sahlender wrote:

> I'm getting timeouts on my Ultra1 hme with all 2.4.x kernels
> through 2.4.13:

Hi,

I've got an Ultra1, too, and experienced the same problems with kernel 2.4.x....

> kernel: NETDEV WATCHDOG: eth0: transmit timed out
> kernel: eth0: transmit timed out, resetting
> kernel: eth0: Happy Status 03030000 TX[000003ff:00000101]

Same error here.

All I can say is that I never was able to get rid of that problem. On sparclinux@vger.kernel.org someone told me that it's a bus problem on the old machines, but I'm not sure if that's correct. It also only seems to happen with Ultra1 E versions, the ones with a Happy Meal Ethernet. At the end I gave up and am using 2.2.x now, which works fine and not worse than 2.4.x.
Well, if you get to solve the problem, I'd be interested in it, too. :)

	Greets,

	Janine

--
My mind not only wanders... Sometimes it leaves completely.