From: Eric [mailto:ebrower@usa.net]
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2002 12:44 PM
To: debian-sparc@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: [Video Help]

Unless the card has an FCode PROM (meaning it was designed
for use in Sun systems) it will not be activated by the OBP
and you will see nothing until the OS is able to configure
and use it.

If it does have FCode, you still may have to modify OBP
settings to have it be used by default (see the Sun Framebuffer
FAQ at sunhelp.org).

Either way, I have no idea about what 3rd party cards are supported
on Linux/SPARC64 but I am fairly certain nobody will be able to help
you without knowing exactly what card you are attempting to use.