Re: [Re: SBUS Sparc printer card.]

Eric Huiban wrote:

> p.s. Any happy debianer playing with SBUS FDDI adapters (AMD AM79C830 +
> sram + AT&T FFDI xcvr) here ? I'm unsure that a so old stuff can be
> used with Linux... :-)))

Er, no, but I've got an sbus card that says:

CDDI(tm)/MLT-3

on the external plate, and has status and ringop LEDs

and has an AM 79C830, a Motorola MC68340 processor, a little
daughter card thingy with a few small chips on it and the mystical
phrase "Cisco Systems, (C) Copyright 1994", whatever that means, and
a big chip with a sticker on it that says MAC ADDRESS followed by 3
4-digit hex numbers and is made by LSI and says Cisco Bus Intf on
it.   On the back it has some chips that appear to be 25 nsec ram or
sram and one big chip that says AM79C864.  I don't even have a clue
what it is.  Some pre 100BT ethernet solution for suns?  Is it worth
money?  Does anyone want it?  ~:^)